Being apart of TEFL campus Chiang Mai location, I was provided with accommodations with them by purchasing the “premium package”. Finding accommodations in Chiang Mai can be difficult especially if you have never been before. While staying in the trendy area of Nimman, finding reasonably priced accommodations are hard to come by. Here is the breakdown of where I will be spending my first month abroad.
Baan Thai is located in the heart of Nimman. Just outside of the complex are local cafes, restaurants, street food, bars & shops. Steps away are a local McDonald’s and two 7-elevens, a grocery store and even a pharmacy for your everyday needs.
Using TEFL campus provided accommodations the prices and amenities and this is what the breakdown was like:
Arrive before 4PM. – Office hours are from 9AM-5PM.
Advanced rental comes as a 32 square foot room with in suite bathroom. You will be assigned a room on either the 2nd or 3rd floor. Bedding set and cleaning of 3 times a month is included. Completely furnished room with Air-conditioner, television, refrigerator, telephone, furniture, bed, table, and chair.
- Cable TV (60 Chanel)
- Swimming Pool
- 2 Elevators Service (24 Hours)
- Security Guard (24 Hours)
- Car Parking 1 room/per car
- Advance Deposit: 4,550 Baht Deposit for Room & Furniture Damage 1 Month
- Key card (per 1 card): 50 Baht
- Central Service: 640 Baht/Month
- Electricity fee: 3.5 Baht/Unit
- Water Fee: 31.5 Baht/Unit
- Cleaning fee: 500-800 Baht/Time (On request)
- Wireless Internet varied package for Choosing (Recommend: wifi internet package 500 THB for 30 days, unlimited data usage. You can buy it on the check-in day.)
For 1 month rent with unlimited WIFI, central service AND deposit came to the total:
12,250 Baht = $390.864
If you are using TEFL Campus as your sponsor through the TEFL course (click here to read more on that) then the day of arrival I paid due to “high season”
5,950 Baht = $189.76
*Note: Your electric and water usage will deduct from the deposit at the end of the month based on your usage. The building is SUPER clean and I always see workers cleaning and sanitizing daily. This place is considered a budget apartment but it is perfect for someone who doesn’t require much.